Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - The Demon's Covenant

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan
Published by Margaret K. McElderry
On Sale Date: May 18, 2010 (US) May 27, 2010 (UK)

Cover copy from Sarah Rees Brennan's LiveJournal: Mae always thought she was in control, but in the past few weeks control has turned into chaos. She’s learned that her brother Jamie has magical powers and that Gerald, the new leader of the Obsidian Circle, is trying to persuade Jamie to join the magicians. The same magicians who tried to kill Mae and Jamie last month in London. The magicians who get their power by feeding people to demons.

Mae turns to brothers Nick and Alan to help her rescue Jamie, but they are in danger themselves. Every magician in England now knows what Nick really is—and they all want him dead.
Nick’s new power has also caused a rift between the brothers. In the weeks they were gone something terrible happened, something that haunts them both. With Nick as unreadable as ever and Alan making secret bargains with a demon, Mae finds herself attracted to both brothers—though she knows she can’t trust either of them. The magicians are closing in on one side and the dangerous, seductive Goblin Market is tempting her on the other, and Mae has to form her own plan to save them all. She's going to find that the price she must pay is more than she ever imagined.

The covenant is binding. There is no escape.

The Demon's Lexicon was one of my favorite reads of 2009.  I can't wait to see what adventures Nick, Alan, Mae and Jamie get into next.  Plus, The Demon's Covenant is told from Mae's point of view, so we get to see her thoughts on Nick, Alan, Jamie, Gerald, and Sin.  Plus, according to Sarah Rees Brennan there is supposed to be lots of kissing.  Boys with swords, lots of kissing, and a great story. . . looks like The Demon's Covenant will every bit as good at The Demon's Lexicon (if not better!).

You can learn more about Sarah Rees Brennan and her writing on her website.  You should also visit her blog where she posts monthly cookies and is currently running a contest for an ARC of The Demon's Covenant.

(I couldn't resist showing both the US and UK covers.  The US cover shows a dancing Sin, while the UK cover has pink-haired Mae.)

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

14 comments:

  1. My son is so anxious for this book, it's not funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second cover better...but this sounds so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds intriguing -- I really like the first cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..this looks like something I might like. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like it'll be a great read! It's on my list already, but I need to read the Demon's Lexicon first... I have it out from the library, so hopefully I'll get to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really interesting! I like both covers.

    You have an award over at my blog :)
    http://sarasbookjourney.blogspot.com/2010/02/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading the first book, I am looking forward to this one. I didn't really know what the storyline would be until I read your post. Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my WoW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of either, but they both sound like something I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check them out! Thanks for the comment on my page, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, sounds pretty cool! I still need to read the first one, but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read The Demon's Lexicon yet, but I just checked it out of the library and I'm going to soon! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure how I feel about the cover...I didn't enjoy Demon's Lexicon, and I'll be picking this one up, too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read the first one, but this one looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a huge, huge wimp about anything demonish, but I hope you like this when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are like cookies; they should be made and shared often.

The Serpentine Library is an award free zone. I appreciate that you may want to pass along an award and I thank you for that. Blogging is about sharing a love for reading and books and I would like to make that this blog's first priority.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...